Thursday, July 29, 2010

"My Thing is" VS "Yea, but"

"You know what I think Maryjane?" Sarah mutterred after swallowing a mouth full her crunchy chef salad.



"No, what?" She followed by a big gulp of her diet canned coke.


"My thing is if you don't have the common sense to do it right the first time don't do it at all." Swaying her fork in the air as if she was going to stab Maryjane's cherry tomato.


"Yea, but lots of people don't have common sense Sarah." She said while placing her coke perfectly blocking Sarah's birdseye view of her apple cider vinager covered ham salad.


"I know but my thing is I'm not going to do it if I know I can't." Spoke while templing her hands neatly in front of her face.


"Yea, but how are you going to know unless you try?" She asked as she leaned into the conversation.


"Well, you have a point there. If it's something you haven't done before why try though? My thing is that it is pointless to try." Her falsetto voice raised as she leaned back in her seat.


"Yea, but there are lots of things that don't require common sense that you could do right the first time." Maryjane took another swig of her diet refreshment.


"Oh, true. So very true. But you know what Maryjane? My thing is ignorance is bliss."

No comments:

Post a Comment