Friday, September 11, 2009

My Birthday Day

     I slept in. I cooked a can of corned beef hash and scrambled some eggs for my momma and me. I did a little more laundry and was planning on watching my favorite soap "The Young & the Restless" but stupid tennis was on CBS.

     My niece Serina works part-time at Harvest Foods and gets to make cakes and cupcakes in the Bakery. She bought me a cake and ice cream.
Here she is taking a picture of my cake but I beat her to it.













Serina did this herself.









She even bought me some birthday cake icecream.



   










     But later, I got a surprise from my wonderful husband. He is late coming in from his full-time job. He called to let me know he was on the way and that I should guess what we gotta do.

     I "Being the mind reader I amtell him "No!"

     When he gets home, I asked why he even stopped by the shop. He said he needed to get some supplies but I didn't believe him. He said that Robert (not his real name) wants us to do the college because the boys on the van can't do it. Now I really don't believe him.
    
     In case you don't know, I have this little 5 hour job once a week for extra spending money for me. I had asked the boss if I could be off because I am off from my full-time job this week. He had gladly agreed. So this was planned for? Right? Apparently I am wrong.

    Eugene told me Robert wanted us to do it Sunday. I was like "No! We'll do it tonight. I don't want to come back from our trip and have to work."

    So here I go to work on my Birthday. Halfway through I felt like a sucker. My husband planned this. The reason I say that is because I have been off all week I have done some rearranging furniture in our room. I was trying to put a dresser on top of this other dresser in a corner but I wouldn't fit.

    On the floor, in the way, was this thing wrapped up in a plastic bag with some newspaper. I had no clue what it was. It had been in our room on the floor in this spot for over six months. I was getting quite frustrated because this darn dresser wouldn't fit so I picked up this unknown object and gave it just a little drop in another place on the floor.  

     Whoops!  

     My wonderful husband is laying on the bed watching me. He hollared that I broke it. I didn't hear it crack but apparently it did. I opened it up to see that some peaces were broke around the top. It landed on its bottom. I don't know how that happened.

     "You owe me $25.00" he first said.

     I just kept on doing what I was doing and growing more frustrated that this dresser wouldn't fit into a space that it should.  Almost as soon as the twenty-five dollar amount came out of his mouth he increased the amount by ten dollars in his next breathe.

     "Yup, that cookie jar is fifty years old. You own me $35.00"

     Eugene had to go to work another part-time job that evening so when he came home the amount increased to $50.00. This was two days ago. so now with the amount being $50 for a couple of days he decided since it was my birthday that I should pay him $85 by giving me my part-time check I will get.
    
     
While I was cleaning toilets he was sitting down.
But he did help me mop.
     So that is what I did today. Eventhough I broke this supposedly fifty year old vase, he has broken things worth a lot more money.
     He bought this washing machine a long time ago for about $50.00 and he had to eat it. It did not work.
     I'm not totally sure I broke this cookie jar. And even if I did, I don't think it was worth that much. And if it was, why was it in our bedroom?

 

1 comment:

  1. i CAN VOUCH FOR HIM BREAKING THINGS ALL THE TIME.HA.AND THE COOKIE JAR PROB WAS WORTH ABOUT $50 SORRY TO SAY IF AND WHEN HE SOLD IT.

    ReplyDelete