Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trip to UAMS

I took my sister to UAMS, not me, for a follow up visit on a kidney stone surgery she had last month. So I took some pictures I thought I would share.
It was raining on the way over there.
A new gas station opened up at the corner of University and 65th Street. They finally put up some prices after being 8.88 for unleaded and 9.99 for Desiel for the past month.
This is a view from the 6th floor looking towards the VA Hospital where I have a lot of bad memories from my father being in there and my father-in-law too.
This is looking down at the circle drive. The Jones Institute is the big building across the way.
Another view from the 6th floor.
They had free coffee in the waiting area and I got a small cup even though I usually don't drink more than one cup a day. But really I haven't had a decent cup of coffee since Sunday morning from the gas station across the street.
This is my sister on the walkway back to the parking deck.
A street shot from the walkway.
UAMS is under constructions.
On the way home, I took the interstate. The sun was shining and traffic was light even though it was about 4:30. If you have ever driven through Little Rock between 3 and 6, you know that rush hour  traffic is really really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment